You may have heard this common saying "I take one step forward but fall back several steps." In the pursuit of attracting the things you want you must learn what holds you back in the first place.
Then let's take look at the most common things we put in our own way.
Do you really want to master the law of attraction and get what you want every single time? Of course, you do! We all deeply desire to master the law of attraction and to be able to manifest all that we desire.
I think of the law of attraction as my willing servant. Unfortunately, we have several things which get in the way of really allowing it to flow into our life and support what we truly want as opposed to what we don't want.
Here are the seven ways in which we block the flow and what holds us back from attracting what we want. The secret is knowing these seven things is to actually work on eliminating these things from our lives. From there it is all fun and manifesting becomes so much easier.
1) Negative People - We can all attest to having conversations or being in the company of others whose outlook on life can be quite dismal. It’s painful to let go of those people as some of those people may very well be family members but having that negativity like having a lead ball chained to your ankles and the sooner you lose the shackles that bind you, the better.
2) Your Limiting Beliefs - The old beliefs you hold dear, may be causing destruction in your life. You have to become aware of what they are in order to move on to a higher energetic flow. Poor limiting beliefs equal a poor limited existence. Life at this point is not so much about learning new things but often about unlearning the old.
3) Dwelling on the Past - There is totally nothing wrong with reminiscing on the past, but the danger lies in spending hours and hours recalling things which are painful, limited and destructive. As you get caught up in the destructive thought patterns it activates the law of attraction and once again you begin to attract the same old situations into your life. Some advice I have been told is, ''Only look back to learn from the past or remember beauty, otherwise don't look back because you're not going that way''. Wise words indeed.
4) Resentment - This is a great energy leak. It does nothing for you but keeps you dwelling on circumstances that are not only in the past but that are out of your control. Learn to accept what has happened by seeing the lesson that situation taught you, then let it go and move on.
5) Inflexibility - You must stay open in order to allow the law of attraction to work miracles in your life. From the vantage point where you are now, you cannot see the path too clearly, but your own higher self and the universe have a better view. Being open allows your desire to come through in wonderful and mysterious ways. Don't worry about the how, just focus on the what.
6) Desperately Wanting - Ever notice what is happening to you when you are deeply wanting something? When you feel a great need to have something, you are feeling a sense of lack, desperation and neediness. As you are experiencing those feelings you are activating the law of attraction to give you more of what you are presently feeling, and guess what you will be getting? You will get more opportunities to feel neediness, desperation and lack. Ask yourself how would it feel to now have what I want? That is the feeling that you need to focus upon and feel all the time.
7) Your fears - Your inner fears are all faulty illusions which appear real. (F)False - (E)evidence - (A)appearing - (R)real. You fear what has not yet happened and that is quite damaging to the attraction process. Let go of the fear because really what you fear has not happened and won't happen unless you begin to entertain it, in which case you will again be activating the law of attraction to give you those very same situations that you don't want.
Ok so now you know what to work on eliminating and what to focus on – happy manifesting!